Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February Favorites

Hello sweet friends! I have been crazy busy with school lately (it just never ends) and feel like I have been neglecting my blog ,but I've spent the last several days working on some things to try and change that. Today I'm sharing some of my monthly must-haves and I think they're pretty great!

February Favorites



 one// There is something about the cold weather that just makes me want to cook. I have an obsession of many things (that I like to pass off as collections) aprons being one of them. I don't know what it is about a cute apron but it makes me feel like my life is on track.

two//  Zellas have become a necessity in my life in the past couple of years. Ever since I discovered them at the Nordstrom half-yearly sale several years ago they have become a staple to my wardrobe. They are the most comfortable leggings/work out pants in the world, they are thick enough to wear out of the house, and they have really been upping their game in the last several months and have come out with some fun patterns!

three// This thing is my best friend. Seriously. I never knew how little activity I did on a day to day basis before this. It tracks your steps, distance, and calories (although I don't rely on this to be accurate). The great thing about the FitBit is that it is so small and you can literally wear it with everything, like I wore it to my dad's surprise party aka in a dress and heels. 

four// Lately casual cute has been my go-to look. I've started to leave my "college grunge" phase and have been slowly making my way back into real world attire. I have been fixated with the wool baseball cap trend since it made it's debut and my obsession has continued to grow. In the past several weeks some of my favorite outfits have involved this cap. It's the perfect accessory to that comfy weekend outfit. 

five// I have to admit, I'm not a big make up person. Of course I wear make up, but I wear what I wear and don't know about any of the new inventions or accessories for it. I started using a beauty blender three or four months ago and can honestly say they rock. It makes it so much easier to put my foundation/BB cream on and to blend everything in. In fact, I have convinced my mom, sister, and cousin to purchase a beauty blender because they're cheap and really work. 

six// Where to even start with these wellies. Joules so graciously gave me these wellies back in August and I have been patiently waiting for it to rain or do something crazy so that I would have the chance to wear these for once. It was finally yucky enough to wear them last week, and I am in love. I got so many compliments on them and so many people asking what brand they were. 

I am so excited to be guest blogging over at Hot Tea and the Empty Seat today! Hop on over there and read about my testimony and how God has worked through my life over the past years. And while you're there be sure to look around and read some other post by my sweet friend Katie!  







22 comments:

  1. Those leggings look wonderful! I seriously need to invest in some good leggings.
    xo, Caitlin
    And Possibly Dinosaurs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlin, if there's ever a pair to invest in it's these (I swear!) they are so worth it!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear you like your Fitbit, I'm going to be getting one after my next paycheck and I'm really excited about it! I'm already using My Fitness Pal and I'm super excited to track my steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely worth the buy. Although I am a little skeptical about the "calories burned" portion it is so helpful to know how active (or lazy) I have been.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear you like your Fitbit, I'm going to be getting one after my next paycheck and I'm really excited about it! I'm already using My Fitness Pal and I'm super excited to track my steps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Fitbit Zip as well and man, that thing is like a slap in the face when it comes to my activity (or lack thereof) lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I feel you friend! Sometimes I look down and I am astonished/embarrassed to realize how little I have done.

      Delete
  5. EEK! those leggings! Also cold weather makes me want to cook too! Something about being in a warm kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These leggings are the best! I agree about being warm in the kitchen, it just makes me feel cozy!

      Delete
  6. Ahhh leggings are the way to my heart! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you Julie! There's nothing better than a good pair of leggings.

      Delete
  7. I recently starting using the #5 beauty blender and I LOOOVEEE it! the best thing is? It lasts forever, helps me even my makeup, and is cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, and yes! The beauty blender is just great!

      Delete
  8. I love those leggings! Not sure I would go anywhere besides the gym in them, but you never know ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may just change your mind when you put them on! Ha! I try to not wear them as a real outfit but sometimes it just happens:)

      Delete
  9. Love the boots and I really need to get on the beauty blender train! Maybe next month with my birthday money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should definitely invest in the beauty blender! They even sell them at Target for real cheap!

      Delete
  10. I am in love with that apron and the beauty blender is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Lecy! I am obsessed with aprons and I have had my eye on this beauty for awhile!

      Delete
  11. I think I need the fitbit zip! I've been eyeing a fit bit for quite some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally worth the money! It has definitely been an accountability partner for me.

      Delete
  12. Found you via the Peony Project. I'm glad you mentioned the beauty blender sponge thing. I've been wondering about that contraption. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

    Chelsea
    // heartnatured.com

    ReplyDelete