Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lately

School has got me twisted y'all. I have had no time to do anything, let alone blog. And that my friends makes me so sad. I figured it was time to catch you all up to speed on my life.
Like I said I have been dealing with school, school, and more school. Oh and work. The only thing getting me through life is the feeling of Christmas spirit in the air. I know, I know it hasn't been Thanksgiving yet but I don't care. Christmas rocks.


I started my Christmas shopping last week and it was equal parts wonderful and stressful. I love Christmas oh so much and giving gifts is such fun but it is also tough picking out other people's presents because it needs to be just right.




It snowed this week. Yes, you read that right, snow. Usually Texas doesn't start to get cold until January and snow (if any) comes around March... not this year. It hasn't even been Thanksgiving and it has snowed. This winter is going to be rough.



I cut my hair off. I keep wanting to tell people 8 inches but that is completely made up. Though it does seem like a ton was cut off, I'm not quite sure it was that much. So far I have liked it overall, though since I got it cut I have been so busy I don't think I've even fixed it since it's been done so that's that.




My precious little gets initiated this week. After a long semester of enduring 3 1/2 hour weekly meetings and attending events ect... she will finally be an official member of Sigma Phi Lambda as of this Friday. I am so excited for her this is such a fun time and I know she is going to love being an active.




I started 90210 (the newer version) on netflix awhile ago. Best decision and worst mistake of my life. It is such a good show, so drama filled, so addicting, and so time consuming. I have such a love/hate relationship with Netflix. Sometimes I wish it didn't exist because it takes up so much of my time but then I don't know how I'd get through some days without it. Especially Navid because he is beautiful. Swoon. 



My cousin came to visit me not too long ago and I have been meaning to write a blog about our super fun weekend but school has got me swamped and I hate it because of that. So more to come about this exciting weekend soon!




I started writing a novel/book (not really sure what to call it) It has been fun so far but I haven't been able to get much done. Also it's surreal to me that I'm even doing it because I'm like one page in and I am already so nervous about the outcome. Does anyone else get like that?



I have just been busy with school and work and life (like everyone else) just trying to make it by and figure out this "real world/adult world" stuff. It's hard and I don't know how everyone else does it. All I know is that I am tired and I just want to take a bath.

Also I will be guest blogging over at Tawni's blog on the 19th (aka today!!) if you all want to be a dear and check it out click here!




Simply,

Kendall Rose

16 comments:

  1. Waiiiiiiit! Why is everyone going Christmas shopping and decorating in November? Okay? I guess it's never too early to go Christmas shopping. Ugh snow. Ew cold. Are you planning on leaving the house during the winter? Hahahahhahaha but wooow you've started a book/novel thing? I'm so excited for ya Kendall! Keep at it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norkor, it just started to cool down around here and I am not ready for it. 20 degree weather, uhhh no ma'am, this girl isn't messing around with that! Ahh the book has been so fun and frustrating all at once! I can now say writers block is too real!

      Delete
  2. I think it's so cool you have started writing a novel! I would love to write a memoir one day but fiction is so scary! Congrats and enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My parents have always wanted me to write a memoir and I am interested in that too but I have always been a major exaggerator (possibly a liar in my early days) and I decided to put it to good use and make up something crazy!

      Delete
  3. I'm super jealous of your snow!! I know a lot of people don't like the snow, but I love it!! And being from the PNW, we hardly ever get any so I'm always envious when other people do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow didn't last too long so that was good! Lately it's just been horribly cold and dry... it actually makes me miss the ice/snow.

      Delete
  4. Now I'm getting the itch to cut my hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a curse and a blessing! I get compliments on it often (which is nice!) but I really miss being able to put my hair up in a messy bun.

      Delete
  5. I loved the new 90210, but by the last season I was just so ready for them to wrap it up. I missed a few of the final episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Lani! It got way too out of control... when I watched the series finale I was just like "seriously guys". They drew it out too long!

      Delete
  6. Hair cut!!! Everyone around me is doing it. I really want to do it. But I feel like I will be SO sad after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has definitely been some haircut remorse over on my end... I get really bored with my hair so it's something new!

      Delete
  7. I watched 90210 and was so addicted to it! But like Lani, I was ready for it to be done by the end. It didn't seem like the proper ending for it and felt like it was kind of going no where.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The story line just got way out of hand. I will forever and always be a Gossip Girl advocate!

      Delete
  8. I've been writing books for seven years now and I still get overwhelmed by it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is so amazing Laura! Will you be finished with it anytime soon? I'm not going to lie I have been putting it off because I just can't get over my writer's block..

      Delete