Thursday, October 30, 2014

Girls Weekend

This past weekend my mom and I road tripped to San Marcos to visit my sister and have a girls weekend. In the midst of class, work, and projects, it's just so nice to spend time with family. As I'm sure many of you know by now my family is so important to me. They are my best friends so anytime I spend with them is great, even when it's not.




Friday was full of diet coke and swapping stories as my mom and I braved the Dallas 5 o'clock traffic. We arrived late that evening and my sister had pumpkin spice cookies waiting for us (talk about the best host ever). After the exhausting car ride (why is it that we get so tired from riding in the car?) we all crashed heavily.

The next morning we woke up later than we were supposed to. We had big plans to hit the San Marcos outlets for a full day of shopping! For those of you who don't know, my sister works at the Pottery Barn in the outlets (hello discount) which really just make buying everything in sight that much more tempting! We spent hours rummaging through the shelves and Dylan helped us find the best deals! I mentioned she was a great host didn't I? Once we finally made it out of PB we stopped by Kate Spade because, well, Kate Spade... and they were having their friends and family discount going on, so is that enough explanations?

Our sweet pup Sophie had tagged along on the road trip with us and up until now she had been in Dylan's apartment so I Siri'ed  "Restaurants that allow dogs near Austin Tx" but she was no help so Dylan took us to a local spot called Rail Yard Bar and Grill. The weather was awesome and so was the queso so really it couldn't get any better than that. The three of us sat eating chips and salsa/queso discussing our day and the upcoming holidays. The older I get the more precious the time I have with my family is. It seems that we very rarely see each other all at once so when we get the chance it is treasured.

 We couldn't end the day without any treats so we made cookie sundaes and snuggled up and watch Criminal Minds. Or more accurately my mom fell asleep within the first episode and I made Dylan change it to a funny show so I could get my mind off of murders and such.

Sunday morning, we grabbed breakfast tacos at Fuego (if you ever find yourself in College Station or San Marcos please I beg of you go to Fuego) and said our goodbyes which are always so bittersweet. Even though we knew we'd be seeing each other again within the next two weeks goodbyes are just always so dang sad. Side note, I cry every time I leave my family to go back to college... which is half an hour away, but really, I promise I'm no homebody.

Once again my mother and I braved the ever-so-daunting HWY 35 and made it home just in time to meet with my dad and brother for dinner. Family time for the win! Right after dinner ended I had to pack up and head back to college... and yes, I did cry.













 Here are some of the goodies I got from San Marcos!






Glitter pumpkins- here 
Vase filler- here
Gold leaf tray- similar here




Simply,

Kendall Rose


28 comments:

  1. Such great photos! It looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, it was! Such sweet memories with my sister and mom!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful family weekend filled with love and happiness! I love that you took your dog (who is super cute by the way) and even out to dinner! I love my babies too! haha
    Neive xo
    theaussieosborns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Neive! We definitely think she is a cutie too:) It was such a great weekend and I am so thankful to have family that I am so close to!

      Delete
  3. What a sweet weekend! I'm glad you were able to capture your time spent with your family. AND YAY FOR ALL THINGS KATE SPADE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! Family time is so precious. Yes, Kate Spade is everything!!

      Delete
  4. Oh what a lovely weekend. I've only been to San Marcos once but it was a cute place :) And all that shopping.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Marcos is such a great little town with such character! And yes, the shopping is just so marvelous! Thank you for reading Julie:)

      Delete
  5. Oh man, San Marcos sounds lovely! Also, you guys are absolutely gorgeous! What even??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a wonderful and beautiful place to visit! Oh Norkor, you my dear are the sweetest!:)

      Delete
  6. What a fun weekend! Love my girls and love that we all get along so well - best friends!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too momma! I am so thankful for you and Dylan!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a really fun day! I wouldn't mind an outing to the outlet mall, myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping in general is great but when you add discounts to the mix, well it really doesn't get any better than that. I appreciate you stopping by Rachel!

      Delete
  8. How fun! Looks like such a good time. You're super cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your family are adorable! I would love a family member to work at Pottery Barn outlet--I would never leave them alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, you are so kind! It is a definite plus and I am sure that we annoy her sometimes always asking about the sales;)

      Delete
  10. This sounds like such a fun day. You ladies are darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun and will be such a sweet memory! Thank you, you are the sweetest:)

      Delete
  11. What a fun family filled girls weekend!! As soon as I get off work in 7 minutes, my family filled weekend begins! Yay! Love this pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! Ahh, I am so excited for you! How was your weekend? And thank you, pictures provide such great memories:)

      Delete
  12. Oh, what a fun trip with the girls! I love my family too and I have 4 sisters so anytime we get together is fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow- 4 sisters is a lot! That must be crazy and so much fun:) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a great visit! I'm in Houston and I'd love to hit up the outlet mall in San Marcos. Love those booties too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you should definitely make a trip to San Marcos, it is definitely worth the trip!:) Oh thank you, the booties are such a must!

      Delete
  14. What a fun trip! I have 1 sister too and my mom, her and I love to do things together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sisters and moms are just so much fun!:) Thank you for reading Aisha!

      Delete