Friday, October 31, 2014

Foodie Friday~ Halloween Oreo Truffle Balls

Happy Halloween and Happy Friday my friends!

It's finally the weekend and it's a holiday- like can it really get any better than this?



I finally (sorta) got my life together this week and I actually had time to blog which meant I actually had time to make a recipe for Foodie Friday. And that is a major win in my book.

So today's recipe is super, duper easy and one you may have heard of before, but it's just so delicious I couldn't resist sharing. As I was brainstorming what I wanted to make my sister gave me the idea to make Oreo Truffle Balls- Halloween style. 

It turned out to be one of the easiest and hardest recipes ever. It is so simple it literally takes three ingredients; Oreos, cream cheese, and white chocolate.  We put the Oreos in the food processor, easy enough. We then mixed the Oreo crumbles and cream cheese together with a hand mixer, a few crumbs flew onto the floor but once again easy step. Then came time to coat them and that was a doozie. The first time we tried to make the coating we melted white chocolate and it quickly began began to harden. Thus began the never ending cycle of melting/hardening/tossing of the coating. I kid you not when I say that I had to melt the white chocolate hardening 4 times. Talk about a fail. 

Long story short, I finally got the white chocolate coating to melt the right way after about a billion tries and it was worth it. These things are so delicious and easy (if you know how to melt chocolate the right way) and the perfect treat for Halloween!










Have a wonderful weekend and have fun tonight!

Simply, 

Kendall Rose 


18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--- yum!! I may just have to make these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super delicious and easy! Let me know if you made them:)

      Delete
  2. These look delicious, Kendall! I've tried making truffles in the past but usually they just end up melting while I'm trying to shape them. I'll have to try making these:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand you Daisy! I pretty much fail at making the truffles almost every time. I made some yesterday and a couple of them fell apart... I was so sad! I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. These look delicious. They would make great handmade Christmas gifts. Who doesn't like Oreo, cream cheese, chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they would make awesome gifts, what a great idea! I agree J, those three ingredients are delicious alone so they must be fantastic together:)

      Delete
  4. Oh yumm! Those look so yummy and are easy which is good, cause I usually have to make twice as much as I want because my husband eats all of the 1st set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I understand, I find myself snacking on them throughout the process all the time. But I can tell you even though I failed at the chocolate melting (several times) the time it took making the truffles was very minimal!

      Delete
  5. OMG these look amazing. I should make my sister, the baker in the family, make these for me. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Now that sounds like a great idea. Have her make the truffles and you can reap all the reward:)

      Delete
  6. Those look wonderful! I'm gonna have to attempt to make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I hope they turn out delicious for you Laura!

      Delete
  7. Oh they are yummy! I love Oreos. They are my favourites! Love this idea for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely a great idea! You could even switch out the regular oreos for the peppermint ones, use red or green food coloring instead or orange, and there you go! Christmas truffles for everyone:)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. They were so delicious! Thanks for reading Nailah!

      Delete