Sunday, October 26, 2014

Foodie Friday~ The Great Pumpkin Cookie

Happy Friday Sunday sweet friends!

I totally started this post Friday and had every intention of publishing it on time, but I got busy and had to go to work- forgive me!
Okay so after failing to post Foodie Friday for probably three weeks (#failure) I finally had time to bake the cookies! 

Ladies and Gents... these cookies are the bomb.com, literally. These pumpkin cookies are without a doubt my favorite cookies ever. Ever. Ever. Seriously, I am stuffing my face as I type. 

Since I can remember, my mom has been making these cookies every single October/November. Back in the day, these were the cookies we would give our teachers for their Halloween/fall treat. (Is that still a thing to bring homemade presents to a teacher? If not, it should be). You should be generous and make these for your loved ones and I promise they will love you forever.

Without further adieu I give to you the famous Great Pumpkin Cookie!

Ingredients

4 c of flour
2 c of oatmeal
3 t of baking soda
2 t of ground cinnamon
1 t salt
1 1/2 c of margarine (softened)
2 c of firmly packed brown sugar 
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1- 16 ounce can of pumpkin
1 c of chocolate chips 

Directions
Preheat oven to 350
Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and set aside
Cream butter, gradually adding in the sugars, until light and fluffy
Add egg and vanilla, mixing well 
Alternate additions of dry mix and pumpkin, mixing well between each  
Stir in chocolate chips
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet
Bake for 13-15 minutes, until firm and lightly browned














Enjoy and let your life be changed!

Simply, 

Kendall Rose


14 comments:

  1. Wow these really do sound delicious! with oatmeal and choc chips! I've never had pumpkin cookies with that in it. I'm going to save this to my Pinterest Board to make them. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely have to make these then Jody! Like I said, they are my absolute favorite:)

      Delete
  2. These look really great: pumpkin always gives baked goods such a nice colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lucy! Pumpkin is so delicious and really makes anything and everything taste so great.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are, they are! You must try them. Thank you for reading, Laura!

      Delete
  4. Yum these look so good and perfect for this time of year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, perfect for Thanksgiving! And everyone will love them:)

      Delete
  5. Mmmm, these look delicious! I haven't had any pumpkin cookies yet this Fall. I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! Pumpkin cookies are definitely a must for me every single fall. They are really just so yummy and I can't imagine a fall without them. Ha!

      Delete
  6. These are ABSOLUTELY my favorite cookie of all time. They're not overly sweet, but that can become a problem because then I eat too many!! I'm glad I have some sort of cooking tradition that I've passed down!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom! I agree, I eat way too many of them when we make them. I am so thankful for you distilling this tradition in me. The tradition will continue to be passed down:)

      Delete