Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September Favorites

Hello wonderful people~

Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone has been having a fantastic week! Mine has been lovely crazy, hectic, busy, but still lovely. My parents are in Hawaii for the week and I got invited to go along but I said no thank you, I prefer school and work to luxurious paradise. 

Anyways, September has been super busy for me and shows no sign of slowing down any time soon. I've been working on a more personal post, but it has been delayed because of said busy schedule, but I wanted to share some of my favorite things this September.

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things

I assume you know the rest so I'll spare you...

September Favorites




Joules rubber boots, / Crossbody handbag / Black sunglasses Lifefactory kitchen dining, / Rifle Paper Co. Botanical Journal, / Pirate's Booty, Aged White Cheddar, 1-Ounce Bags (Pack of 24) / Junior's Anorak Jacket Green


One// This dusty rose bag is everything. I am so obsessed with it and I feel like it is the perfect bag as we transition into the fall season. I tend to go back and forth when buying purses  based on quality or quantity. For awhile, I was only buying higher quality bags, but lately I have wanted to change my handbags with almost every outfit. Gone are the days of the summer neon, brights  but say hello to soft, understated, muted colors. Please stay awhile, I fancy you quite a bit. 

Two// Okay so these glasses are fake and from Claire's... but before you run away hear me out. I feel like "fashion frames" are becoming the new scarf. Well maybe that's a stretch but they can be such a fun (and super cheap) accessory to play around with to get a different look. I've been searching for some fun frames that aren't too expensive and I think I've finally found some. So thank you Claire's, my middle-school self appreciates it.

Three// So I finally got my wellies in from The Hundred Event! Now I am patiently waiting for the day it rains in good ole' Texas so that I can slip these babies on. Not going to lie, I have thought about wearing them many a days when no rain has been present. But I have held off... delayed gratification people. Well, kinda. 

Four// These Lifefactory glass water bottles are the bomb. First off all, they're much better for you than plastic bottles (and much cuter might I add). Basically these bottles make you feel like you're saving the world while looking like Shaliene Woodley. 

Five// Okay not like Pirate's Booty is a new snack or anything but if you've never munched on these while watching TV then please stop what you're doing now and go get you some booty! It is literally the best snack ever and a much better alternative to chips, baked or not!

Six// This jacket is to die for. I couldn't find a picture, but it also comes in a couple other colors, my favorite is the mustard yellow. It is literally the comfiest jacket ever. You can throw it on anything and even though it feels like you're wearing a sweatshirt you look like you have your life together. And that is a major win in my book. 

Seven// If you're anything like me, you're constantly writing things down. Whether it is to-do lists, or great book ideas I feel like I am constantly writing. About a year ago I decided to ditch the boring lined paper and treated myself to some super adorable journals and I am so glad I did. Sometimes on the worst of days my notebooks are one of the only things to bring me joy. It's the little things.

Eight// Sadly enough I've watched so many series on Netflix that it has come to the point that I now have nothing left to watch (except I heard Gilmore Girls is now streaming?!!?). That was until I got myself a free month on Hulu and began binge watching The Mindy Project. Kelly Kapoor (Mindy's character from The Office) is my soul sister so naturally it makes sense for Mindy Lahiri to be her replacement. 

I just spent 20 minutes looking up The Sound of Music and singing all of the songs so before I make a remake I will say so long, farewell,auf wiedersehen, good night. I hate to go and leave this pretty sight. So long, farewell auf wiedersehen, adieu .

Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you.

Okay, really now I'm done. 

Simply, 

Kendall Rose

14 comments:

  1. I have a similar water bottle and while I realize I'm being green, I really just picked it up because it looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I initially picked mine for the same reason:) It wasn't until after the fact that I researched all the ugliness of plastic bottles!

      Delete
  2. The journal is beautiful, I really want one but I don't know if I can spend so much!. Meg x

    A Scholar Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... when I buy them it is definitely a treat for myself! Or I try to wait until they go on sale!

      Delete
  3. That dusty rose bag is beautiful! I'm so excited for fall colors to come into play. =D
    And September has been a crazy month in general. I'm not sure what happened, but I can totally feel you on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall colors really are the best! Yeah maybe it's because class is back in session, but it also seems like everything else starts getting crazy too!

      Delete
  4. Um, love that bag. Gorgeous color! Also, I have a different reusable water bottle that I also adore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that color the coolest? It's definitely my favorite as of now!

      Delete
  5. My daughter and I love the pirate booties! & those boots are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may or may not have eaten a whole bag in two days... it is just so delicious! Thank you- they're from Joules!

      Delete
  6. Pretty much obsessed with everything you listed AND I totally relate to all things "Sound of Music"! Bring on fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow- you must have some good taste then!:) Sound of Music is really just such an awesome classic!

      Delete
  7. I love the rain boots! I need a new pair and these are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are the best! Get your self some girl- at Joules!

      Delete