Friday, September 26, 2014

Catch up + Foodie Friday

I totally intended to post more this week but it just didn't happen. It was one of those go-go-go weeks.... which I feel like I've had a lot of lately. So today we're just going to play catch up and combine Foodie Friday with what I've been doing lately!

Last week I helped watch my brother while my parents were out of town so I was driving back and forth and back and forth from home to classes everyday. Which was exhausting. It's amazing how traveling can be so tiring even though you're sitting down for the majority of it.

On Monday I went to brunch with my big/bff and I had every intention of shopping and buying tons of great stuff but in the end all I bought was a cupcake... go figure.




Tuesday morning I woke up bright and early for a doctor's appointment, where I had to drive, yet again... I met my mom for the appointment (which went GREAT by the way!) and after we grabbed lunch and caught up on everything happening between us lately. Which is just a whole lot of school and work on this end...

Wednesday, I slept in as much as I could before I met up with my awesome prayer group for the first time this semester. It is just so great to have a group of girls to keep you accountable and help encourage you through everything. I decided to go shopping again and had better luck this time around. It was definitely one of those days where I just wanted to spend but I resisted... my bank account better thank me later.

Thursday was a busy day. Thank goodness it is over, whew. I had class at 8am (the agony!), squeezed in a doctors appointment between classes, went straight from my last class to babysit, and then went from babysitting to work. I didn't get home from work until after 1am and I thought about posting but fell asleep in the process.



Friday has been really awesome so far! I got to finally sleep in and just have a really (much needed) lazy morning. This evening I'm meeting up with my wonderful friends to catch up some, then I'm leaving to stay the weekend with my cousins- I'm so excited to see their sweet faces!!

Okay, enough about me...
Last but not least, on to the food! So I tried this recipe awhile back and it is just too simple not to share.

Ingredients

6 Granny Smith Apples
1 t Cinnamon
3 T brown sugar
2 T sugar
1 can of pie crust

Directions

Preheat oven to 375
Set aside 3 apples to be the "bowl"
Wash and peel the remaining 3 apples
Dice apples and set aside in bowl
Cut tops off of "bowl" apples and scoop out insides
Mix together brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon
Add mixture to the apples
Once "bowl" apples have been hollowed, scoop in apple filling
Roll out pie crust and cut into 1/4 inch strips
Cover the top of the apple with crust making lattice pattern
Place apple in a pan with 1/2 of water
Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until crust is brown
Enjoy!











As the weather starts to cool down this warm and healthy dessert is definitely the way to go. Thank you so so much for reading and enjoy my friends!

Simply, 

Kendall Rose

17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this apple pie looks so. yummy. I need to make an apple pie asap because this girl needs one. Ok, I don't need one, but I love apple pies so I want one. I think that's basically all I eat Thanksgiving Weekend. Sorry your week has been so busy! I hope you get to relax this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's baked inside an apple so that means it's kind of healthy right? At least that's what I tell myself... Ha!:)

      Delete
  2. That apple pie looks delicious. So easy to make too. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy them!:)

      Delete
  3. Your food pictures are so beautiful! They make me hungry. Mmmm macaroons! I got to eat some in Paris, and for some reason they just tasted better over there :) I've always wanted to try a recipe like this! Definitely pinning this for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they're definitely better in Paris or New York has some good ones too! The ones in Texas just don't measure up, but they'll have to do.. Hope you enjoy the pies!

      Delete
  4. OH my goodness. You make eating healthy hard :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I am so sorry! But they're kind of healthy...ish:)

      Delete
  5. That little apple pie is SO adorable! My little boys would love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely kid friendly. They could even help you make them!:)

      Delete
  6. Yum! That sounds so good. Definitely making the little pie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy the pies:)

      Delete
  7. Went apple picking today! Going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous you went apple picking. I hope they turn out yummy!:)

      Delete
  8. Freaking YUM. I can't wait to try these! I love apple pies, this might make it even better!

    ReplyDelete