Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Hundred Event >>> Part One

This past weekend was probably the best weekend I have had in so long. From the much anticipated blogger's convention, to my birthday, to finally finding a job. It was basically the weekend of all weekends. I had really high hopes for it and man- it did not disappoint.



The conference took place in the Warwick Melrose Hotel in Dallas. We walked into the hotel coming face to face with some of my favorite bloggers. I shyly glanced at Grace Patton (she was the only one sitting there at the moment) as we checked into the hotel and all I could think was: your daughter Julia is hilarious and I want to become bff's with you and your husband. Weird, right? It is an eerie thing to meet bloggers in real life, especially those whom I have followed to consistently for years. Because while they have no idea who I am, I creepily know the ins and outs of their lives.

In preparation for the weekend I read the "official" binder that had been provided to gather as much information as possible before the weekend officially started (and probably to stall because I was just so nervous).

Before dinner we had a cocktail hour, which was meant to mingle with the other bloggers. While most other bloggers chatted like cocktail hours are made for, stuck to my mom like glue and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw a familiar face... well besides my mom. We chatted with our friends Kendi Skeen from Kendi Everyday (who is basically blogger royalty) and her husband Bryan Skeen probably far longer than they wanted.

The dinner was just amazing. The hosts, Lauren Knight, Grace Patton, Bridgett Hunt, and Megan Graham, truly thought of everything. The place settings were beautiful with our own personalized name cards and the cutest menus ever- I'm throwing a party just to have an excuse to order these menus.*

They had "assigned" seating for us which provided us a great way to meet the other attendees and it was so helpful for introverts like myself. And not to mention the gift bags Joules so graciously provided for us. Did I mention we also had robes lying  on the bed in the hotel room when we arrived? It was like a dream.

The actual food part of dinner was delicious, but the best part was listening Kendi's speech. She was the keynote speaker of the weekend and let me just say she rocks. Kendi is without a doubt one of the sweetest people I have ever met- but she's also one of the funniest, which basically makes her downright awesome.





It was an amazing first night and the perfect way to kick off the weekend. Stay tuned to hear all about the second day of The Hundred Event.

Simply,

Kendall Rose

*JK I will not be using the menus unless minted is offering to sponsor the party... the life of a poor college student just does not provide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment