Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Surprise, Surprise

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a "over-the-top" type of gal. I dream up these big dreams about life and how I wan't events to play out and more than likely it is extreme. I have always been a big fan of surprises and making people feel extra special. I genuinely love making my family feel spoiled.



The weekend of August 8th was a whirlwind. I went to a three-day blogging conference which just so happened to fall on my 20th birthday, needless to say I was exhausted. On our drive home my mom and I were discussing all the ins and outs of the weekend but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but be a little sad that all the excitement was coming to an end.

As I walked in my front door, I was greeted by the faces of my family and friends yelling "SURPRISE"! I can only imagine what my face look liked (actually we have a video of it, so I'll need to check that out) but I couldn't have been more surprised. I started crying... literal tears.

Everyone had gone all out: my sister (head party planner of my 20th) and her boyfriend drove down early that morning to be a part of it all, my dad and brother had set up the decorations, my best friend had driven all around town gathering all of my favorite goodies, and the kitchen was decorated with all the must-haves for a "Kendall-esque" party. And my mom, of course knew about what was in the making the whole time and had been distracting me through out the weekend changing the topic every time I showed interest in her mysterious phone calls.

It was one of those birthdays that I'll remember forever. Each person went above and beyond to make me feel even more loved and special than I normally do (which is pretty hard to outdo). While we sat around the table sipping on mimosas and snacking on macarons* my heart was just bursting with joy and happiness as I thought about all the people I have in my life who continue to love and support me through everything.

And let's not forget about this round birthday cake with tall candles. I don't really know how I came about this request but I have been talking about wanting one for my birthday for a couple of years. I know this wish may seem very silly, but for my family to go along with my crazy antics, and go out of their way to make sure there was a round birthday cake with tall candles sitting in the kitchen for me when I got home meant everything.






Unfortunately, we didn't get any family shots and the restaurant was super dark so some of the pictures are really grainy but we were to busy enjoying each other's company to care. And really that is all that matters. 

Simply, 

Kendall Rose

*Did I mention I was able to cross off 6 items on my Summer Bucket List throughout this one weekend? Craycray.

6 comments:

  1. Aw what a gorgeous family you have - happy birthday sweetie! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Samantha! You're so sweet! xo

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    I just joined the peony project and thought I would drop by a few gals blogs and show some love! Awesome that you went to a blogging conference. I am going next fall in Indiana through www.theinfluencenetwork.com.

    Here is my blog: wwww.yearnlovegrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! That cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete