Friday, August 8, 2014

Dallas Arboretum


finally got to go to the Dallas Arboretum this past weekend! It felt really good to cross something off of my bucket list that I have been wanting to do for so long. We really couldn't have picked a more perfect day to go. The weather was wonderful, it got a bit warm once we started walking around but it's August in Texas so anything under 100 is a great day. The night before I found out the Arboretum was having dollar days...uh what, you mean to say you can get in the Arboretum for just one dollar? Yes...yes I am.

We had everything planned out the night before but as we all know, life happens. I tend to get really stressed out when things don't happen as planned. You would think at this point of my life I would be used to well, life, but for some reason it still gets to me. It's something I'm working on.

Since we were already behind schedule we just figured (well really my family did and I obliged) to go with the flow. We stopped by a new place that just opened up by us called The Donut Kitchen. If you haven't heard, gourmet donuts are all the rage now. I actually don't like donuts as much as I would like to, but these were different. They have such a unique variety of donut flavors - I mean Carmel Macchiato? Can you say incredible!

I was nervous that the boys wouldn't find the trip as fun as I did, but I think everyone enjoyed it (or at least acted like they did). We had a great time walking around looking at the various blooms and fountains. The Arboretum is just as beautiful as I hoped it would be! I truly cannot imagine what everything looks like in the fall and spring. Did I mention they have festivals and concerts for every holiday? I'll be back for sure.






Simply, 

Kendall Rose

P.S. The Hundred Event starts today... and I am freaking! Eeek!!
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences

6 comments:

  1. Loooove the Arboretum (we live about a mile away from it!) - I can't wait for them to do their fall/pumpkin display! And those donuts are THE BUSINESS. I had to seriously check myself when I was pregnant, or I would have eaten them every. single. day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous that you're that close... I am now obsessed with it and will be going back for all the different seasons! The donuts we're so good, luckily my whole family was there so I could only have a bite of each. If I ever go alone, well that would be a sight to see. And being pregnant counts as an excuse right?:)

      Delete
  2. That place is gorgeous! I'm so glad you finally made it!! And I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are adorable, and those donuts look insane. Nice to meet you!
    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy!! You're the sweetest, so glad I got to met you!:)

      Delete