Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Liebster Award

Hello everyone!

About a week ago Kat from, Clayton Family Kitchen , nominated me for a Liebster Award. I had no idea what it was but I was super excited to find out. The Liebster Award is an award passed on from one blogger to the next. It's pretty neat because it's a way to introduce yourself to other bloggers which is great for expanding your audience and building relationships via blog.

So here's how it works. I tell 11 random facts about myself, then I answer the 11 questions Kat  has provided me. Lastly, I pass it on to 11 more bloggers and ask them 11 questions that I have come up with! Are you excited? Okay let's go. 


11 Random Facts About Me


1. I'm literally addicted to Diet Coke, though currently I am trying to kick the habit. (But I'm drinking one as I type... busted.)


2. The most important thing to me in life is my family.


3. I want to be neighbors with my parents and siblings when I'm older. (see 2)


4. I tried to go without deodorant to become more natural and decrease the chemicals in my body. I made my own and it worked...until it didn't. 


5. I have had over 10 heart surgeries. 


6.  I have to set between 8-12 alarms every morning to ensure that I get up on time. 


7. Last summer my mom surprised me with tickets to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, which is still my claim to fame (I'm in the background dancing with a pink shirt when Jake Owens performs).


8. I pierced the third hole in my ears, by myself, when I was a junior in high school as a act of defiance against my parents... they weren't even mad when they found out. Fail.


9. I like to listen to classical music when I take baths. And I recently started to listen to french music when I write. I don't know why but they both just help me focus.


10. Becoming a mother is my number one goal and aspiration for life (and having a pretty cool husband would be nice too).


11.  I am deathly afraid of cows. Oddly enough, my family bought our first cow (really a steer) this year, but he doesn't bother me as much. 




1.What is your favorite vegetable and what’s your favorite way to eat it?
Brussel Sprouts. I love them roasted... oh they're great. 

2. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
It differs a lot, lately it has been coffee.

3. What is your favorite type of music?
I would have to say country, even though I like music from a lot of different genres. 

4. What’s your favorite thing to do on a Saturday afternoon?
Anything that is adventurous. Like a Farmer's Market or musical... not like bungee jumping.

5.What’s your favorite cookbook?
All things Rocco. His recipes are healthy but still normal foods. And he's so dreamy.

6. Are you a planner or procrastinator?
I so wish I could say planner, but sadly I am a total procrastinator. 

7.What’s your favorite restaurant?
Newks! Oh my gosh, it's the best. I don't have one where I live so when I go home I just have to eat it. Last time I went home I ate it two days in a row.. I just can't resist. 

8. Do you have a favorite family recipe?
Yes, I would have to say it would be my mom's banana pudding. It is practically heaven in your mouth. 

9. If you could do anything for one day, what would it be?
This is actually a really hard question for me because I feel like there are so many things I want to do. I would have to say I would want to be a cast member  or guest host on SNL. 

10. Are you a cat person, dog person or both (or neither)?
Definitely dog. I'm weirdly freaked out by cats. 

11. What’s the best advice you can give about creating a successful blog?
Spend time getting to know other bloggersThis was one of my hardest lessons to learn because I didn't want to come across as desperate or weird. I know it can be super awkward and intimidating to comment on someone's blog or Instagram picture, but other bloggers are your biggest advocates. We're all here to help one another and support each other.

My bloggers

1. Kathy from What is Fifty?
2. Megan from Scattered Seeds
3. Emily from EMZX Beauty
4. Samantha from Every Bit Samantha 
5. Whitney from After Eleven
6. Katie from Hope Engaged
7. Ashley from Recipe Rebel
8. Lola from Polka Dots
9. Blythe from The Fike Life
10. Paige from Uncomplicated Life
11. Alex from Alexandra's Alley

Question for my nominees

1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your favorite TV show and why?
3. If you had to choose from not eating sweets for a month or not going shopping for a week, which would you choose?
4. What is your favorite holiday?
5. Name a time you did something you were scared to do and it turned out for your benefit.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve? 
7. Do you collect anything? If so, what? If not, what would you want to collect?
8. What is your go-to accessory?
9. Do you have a favorite book? Or any good suggestions?
10. Where are you from?
11. What is your favorite workout?

Thank you again to Kat for nominating me! I had so much fun getting to know other bloggers and I can't wait to see what you all write!

Simply,

Kendall Rose






2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so lovely, thank you for the nomination I'll definitely give it a go so stay posted sweetie! And by the way, I totally agree with your point about commenting on blogs - I felt so nervous writing comments or Tweeting 'strangers' at first - still do - but then I figure how excited I get when someone comments on mine must surely be akin to how they feel too...right? xx

    ReplyDelete