Thursday, July 31, 2014

Flourless Fudge Brownie Cookies

Hello all!

First of all, I feel like I have been neglecting my blog for the past week. I apologize for being absent. Summer school is almost over now and I have just the final to go. Finally, I can see the light! Nothing exciting has been happening around here (unless you count making numerous trips to Racetrac for Sodapalooza fun). So yeah, like I said, nothing exciting. I am looking forward to finally being able to sleep in. Which won't be until at least a week and a half. 


Anways, lately I have been craving sweets, okay I always do, but because I always do I wanted to find something that I could make that was semi-"healthy"but that actually taste like dessert (sorry but apple slices with cinnamon  just doesn't cut it). So when I found this wonderfully simple recipe I was overjoyed. I pretty much dropped everything that I was doing and ran straight to the kitchen to get my fix.*

The cookies only call for 6 ingredients which is just great, especially when you make them short notice. Literally, just throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix your little heart away. Warning; the dough/batter is super liquidy. I thought I had done something wrong, so don't you worry, liquidy is normal. 

Once all the mixing is done, just place (more like spoon) the batter onto the cookie sheets and bake them in the oven for 8-10 minutes. You'll know they're ready when the cookies get all nice and crackly. Unfortunately, the cookies seem to deflate as they cool, which is a definite bummer when it comes to taking pictures. But alas, life will go on. 

When my roommate came home and tasted the brownie cookies, she protested "Seriously Kendall, why did you make these, I don't need more dessert. To which I quickly shot back, "don't worry, there's no sugar in them!" *Moment of silence for this remark* 
There is indeed sugar, powdered sugar that is. Which apparently makes me feel less guilty eating them, I hope it does for you too. 

The cookies turned out to be super delicious! They kind of taste like the chewy edges of brownies, which just happens to be my favorite part. My cousin came to stay with me last weekend and she loved them and kept asking what they were called... that being said they are "kid-friendly" as well. 

So if you've been having an uneventful week like me, make these brownie cookies, because they will totally and completely  change it.  Just kidding. Maybe. 








Ingredients:

3 cups of powdered sugar
3/4 cup of cocoa powder 
1/4 tablespoon of salt 
4 large egg whites
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions: 

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
In large bowl, mix together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt
Stir in vanilla and egg whites
Whisk batter until ingredients are mixed
Stir in the chocolate chips
Pour batter onto cookie sheets (make sure to leave space for cookies to spread)
Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes at 350
Allow cookies to cool completely before eating

Oh yeah, and did I mention these cookies are around 65 calories a piece? Not too shabby.

I hope you all have a chance to make these. 
Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Simply, 

Kendall Rose

*This week was supposed to be my "week without sweets", it lasted bout 3 hours. No good. 






2 comments:

  1. I am so making these! They look delicious although I might need to strategically make them when the roommates are home so I'm not tempted to finish them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea because they are wonderful... and addictive!

      Delete