Friday, June 27, 2014

The Hundred



The other day I was doing my daily routine reading of all my favorite bloggers when I came across The Hundred Event. It is a blogger convention being held in Dallas (hooray) and on my birthday (double hooray) and it just so happens that 2 of the hosts are my all time favorite bloggers (triple hooray!).  I mean really, could this be more perfect? I swear I shed tears.

Before I had even finished reading all of the details I was already planning out my outfits and business cards in my head. My body was just filled with excitement as I registered for the event (I am telling you I was probably the first to register). But I have to admit as soon as I hit the register button I panicked. 

I later told my mom that right after I registered was like a movie scene...picture this: I had just climbed in to the shower, there I am standing underneath the water with my hands covering my face like Macaulay Culkin on the cover of Home Alone. My mind started racing. What am I going to say to these people? This means I have to make friends at the convention. What if they just stare at me wondering why a person as young as I am was at their convention? In the words of the Bluthe's, I had made a huge mistake.*

Just as I had begun devising a plan to get out of going, I realized this needed to happen. I needed to get out of my comfort zone and honestly this is a perfect way to do it. Even though I know come August 8th I will have a pit in my stomach and may be on the verge of a panic attack, this will be worth it. 

Though I will most likely feel uncomfortable and awkward at first, this convention is a once in a lifetime opportunity and an adventure I will never forget. 
 I encourage you to go out and do something that scares you today. 
Simply, 
Kendall Rose
*After I wrote this sentence I spent 10 minutes watching Arrested Development best quotes on Youtube... guilty as charged.

Preferences
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt

No comments:

Post a Comment