Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sweet Summertime

Even though my summer officially lasted 3 weeks I woke up today feeling like celebrating summer, and well there's just something about lemon that screams summer.. so I only felt it was appropriate to make a lemon bundt cake. 




Let me just start off by saying I thought this was going to be a disaster.. I (very courageously) decided that I would in fact be using my own recipe  no recipe to make this bundt cake... 
Now before you get too excited, I used box cake and box pudding mix, so not really homemade but to each its own.

I was sure that it something would go wrong... I may or may not have been holding my breath and crossing my fingers when I turned the bundt pan over. I was picturing the cake crumbling to pieces and a melt down from me. Thankfully I was able to get the bundt onto the cake stand, perfectly I might add. 

Okay but seriously, it was super easy to make and tasted wonderful... and it totally satisfied my need to celebrate summer. 









Ingredients: 

1 box of yellow cake 
1 box of lemon pudding (instant) 
4 eggs
2/3 cup of oil (i always use coconut oil)
1/3 cup of seedless raspberry spreadable fruit/preserves 
2 lemons
8 oz of cream cheese
1 cup of confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla 
2 tablespoons of milk

Directions:

Batter-
Mix box cake, instant pudding, eggs, and oil in a large bowl 
Add juice from one lemon
Take about 1 cup of batter and mix in a small bowl with raspberry preserves
Pour half the batter into a nonstick or greased bundt pan 
Evenly spread the raspberry batter on top off the cake batter
Pour the rest of the batter in the pan
Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees
Allow cake to cool before inverting it 

Icing-
Mix cream cheese, confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk in a large bowl
Blend until smooth (should be a yogurt like consistency)
Drizzle on top of bundt cake 
Enjoy!

Simply,

Kendall Rose


Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences

2 comments:

  1. This beautiful bundt cake looks so yummy.
    I would love for you to share this at my T.G.I.F. Linky Party @ MamasBlogCentral.com
    Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I will get it posted to your page today!:)

      Delete