Saturday, May 24, 2014

Find Beauty

In these last couple of months I have begun to realize just how beautiful the world is. It can be so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life and take for granted all of your surroundings. So lately I have tried to just admire the world and everything going on around me. 




Last weekend my mom and I took a one night road trip to San Marcos to visit my sister and Nana. After being in the car for a total of 12 hours, living off of diet coke and breakfast burritos, and waking up to a towed car it was one long day to say the least. 
But in the midst of all the chaos, I made sure to take everything in and enjoy the time we had together. 

We left for San Marcos Sunday morning and spent our day downing diet cokes and trying to find radio stations that would work along the way. We met my sister at the Pottery Barn outlet and spent the next 5 hours on our hands and knees trying to find the frame with the least scratches. We finished off the night with a relaxing dinner at Willie's Grill. The food wasn't great, but the atmosphere and company was what made it fun. 

On our way to visit my Nana's we stopped several times to just admire the view. I have been going to Fredericksburg all of my life and I have never realized how stunning the scenery is.  For the first time ever, I was amazed at how vibrant all the colors were. The lush grass and bright wildflowers seemed to be a dream. It is amazing how much we miss when we don't pay attention to the small details. 

It got me thinking… how much beauty am I missing each day when I am not looking? 

As days continue to pass we become so familiar with the world around us that things no longer seem beautiful. The most breathtaking view soon becomes a tree we pass on our way to work. We are programmed to keep moving from one thing to the next, never stopping to see what we are missing as we pass. 
It has occurred to me over these past several months that the world is meant to be admired. The world was given to us as a gift from God to be cherished and loved. It is a privilege to get to live in a world that was created specifically for us and for our liking. We are made to exist with the world, and not just on it. 

Slow down and enjoy your surroundings. If you're not careful you miss out on the beauty that is all around us. 







Enjoy the beauty.

Simply, 

Kendall Rose



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12371285/?claim=u7c8emc9nq2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences

No comments:

Post a Comment